Click here to let us know you are interested in learning to sail with YSF.
Adult Sailing Classes at Youth Sailing Foundation
Introduced in 2014, adult sailing classes have grown in popularity as adults of all ages and sailing skills have come to enjoy expert sailing instruction combined with a warm camaraderie. We have classes for beginners to seasoned sailors. With a low student-to-instructor ratio and novice-friendly boats, learning to sail on the protected waters of the Indian River Lagoon is fun and relaxing. You will gain confidence out on the water with the satisfaction that comes from mastering a skill only a fraction of the general population has even tried. We sail 12-foot Trinka’s (manufactured right here in Vero Beach) and 19-foot Mariners. In addition we have higher performance Sunfish and Lasers for the more advanced sailors. Come join us and experience the beautiful panorama of blue skies and water on the Indian River Lagoon. We offer three adult sailing semesters of five lessons each: Fall beginning in late September, Winter beginning Mid- January, and Spring beginning mid-March.
- The spring term will begin on Thursday, March 16, 2017, with an orientation session and Lesson 1 from 10am to 1pm.
- Lessons 2-5 will follow on Sundays, March 19 to April 9 from 11am-2pm or Thursdays, March 23 to April 13 from 10am to 1pm – choose one or the other.
- Cost is $250 per person per five-session class. The proceeds of your fee are used to help pay for the free sailing instruction we offer all the children of Indian River County.
- YSF offers discounts for couples, families, and certain groups such as social clubs, condo associations and other non-profit associations.
- There are also limited opportunities for private lessons.
- Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- To register, complete the forms below. You may fill them in online then print, or print out the blank forms and complete by hand. Please bring your signed registration forms to the orientation session or mail them to:
Youth Sailing Foundation
P.O. Box 612
Vero Beach, FL 32961
Someone will be in touch with you as soon as we receive your forms.
NOTE: ALL OUR PRINTABLE FORMS REQUIRE ADOBE READER TO VIEW , COMPLETE, AND PRINT. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ADOBE READER, PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD.
Required Registration Forms (5):
- Adult Sailing Application
- Adult Emergency Medical
- Adult Sailing Swim Release
- COVB Waiver
- YSF Adult Sailing Release and Waiver of Liability
Adult Sailing Program participants will need:
- Properly fitting life jacket
- Closed toe shoes (they will get wet)
- Refillable water bottle
- Sunglasses with lanyard (so they will not be lost in water)
- Change of clothes
- Knap-sack or bag to carry the above
Please write your name on all of the above items.
Life jackets: It is required that ALL sailors AT ALL TIMES wear an adequate PFD (personal flotation device – the proper name for life jacket). This life jacket (PFD) needs to be a brightly colored, Coast Guard approved, Type III or better with no collar that can get caught on the boat rigging. Type V inflatable life jackets should NOT be used in this course. PFDs are sized by user’s weight. Be sure to purchase the proper size! A whistle should be attached with a line to the life jacket and your name should be written on the life jacket. Appropriate PFD’s are readily available at K-Mart, West Marine, Wal-Mart and dive shops.